- Getting to know the Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E800
The Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E800 is a high-speed single-band wireless router with IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack support. This router allows you to share network resources to various wired and wireless devices such as laptops, mobile devices and gaming consoles. The Linksys Wi-Fi Router, E800 has security functions such as the SPI firewall to help protect your data and privacy online.
- 2.4 GHz radio frequency
- 802.11n Wireless-N technology
- Compatible with 802.11 b/g
- 1x1 internal Antenna
- IPv4/IPv6 dual-stack support
- Includes Linksys Connect software 1.4
- One (1) year warranty
- One (1) 10/100 802.3u (RJ-45) port, with auto MDIX sensing, as WAN interface
- Integrated 4-port 10/100 802.3u (RJ-45) Ethernet switch, with auto MDIX sensing, as LAN interfaces
- One (1) Push button for Wi-Fi Protected™ Setup (WPS)
- One (1) Reset button for resetting the device to factory settings
- One (1) Power switch (for European model only)
- Has the Classic user interface or web-based setup page
- Supports up to 30 wireless connected clients at the same time
- Up to 150 Mbps data rate
- 12V 0.5A power rating
- The MAC address on the bottom of the label is the WAN/Internet MAC address of the device
- The default SSID is “Linksysxxxxx” where xxxxx is the last five (5) digits of the serial number. You have to upgrade your router's firmware to have Linksysxxxxx as your default SSID.
- Wireless security:
- WPA2-Personal (AES) / WPA-Personal (TKIP) Mixed Mode
- WPA2- Enterprise (AES) / WPA- Enterprise (TKIP) Mixed Mode
- WPA2-Personal (AES)
- WPA2-Enterprise (AES)
- WPA-Personal (TKIP)
- WPA-Enterprise (TKIP)
- WEP (64-bit and 128-bit)
- WEP (64-bit and 128-bit) used with RADIUS server
- Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP1, Windows 7, Windows 8
- Mac OS X® 10.5.8, 10.6.1, 10.7, 10.8
- Browser- Internet Explorer 7, Safari 4, Firefox 3 or higher version
• Restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults page on the router's web-based setup page.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.