- Getting to Know WVC80N
The WVC80N is a Wireless-N Internet Home Monitoring Camera that is designed to send live videos to your home computers, or through the Internet using a web browser or Smartphone anywhere you go. This compact, self-contained unit lets you monitor activities in your home, of your kids, in your workplace or whatever's important to you.
- Power (Blue) - This LED lights up when the camera is powered ON. It flashes while the camera is booting up and remains lit when the device is ready for use.
- Microphone - The microphone is used to record ambient sound.
- Reset - This button is used to reset the camera. To reset, insert an object with a small-pointed tip (such as a pen), then press the Reset button until you hear it click, then hold it down for 10 seconds.
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup (Blue) - If you have an Access Point that supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup, then you can use this button to automatically configure the camera's wireless security for your wireless network.
- On/Off Button - Press the On/Off button to power ON or OFF the device.
- Power - The Power port is where you connect the power adapter.
- Ethernet - The Ethernet port is where you connect the Ethernet network cable.
- Monitor activities in your home from anywhere in the world via the Internet
- Integrated web server- viewable from most web browsers
- Supports MPEG-4 and MUPEG compression
- View video from your Wireless-N or wired Ethernet network
- Has Motion Detection and email notification
- Creates a database for user authentication
- Supports resolution of up to 640x480 pixels
- Supports Time Stamp and Text Overlay
- Supports up to five simultaneous unicast connections
- Multicast Real-time Transfer Protocol (RTP) support that allows multiple users to access the media stream
- Supports TZO Dynamic Domain Name System (DDNS) service for dynamic IP connection, 90-day free trial
- Multi-platform support – Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP) for email, Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP), and File Transfer Protocol (FTP)
- Supports Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP), Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) and WPA2 encryptions
- Supports multiple resolution streams – can be used by a computer and Smartphone simultaneously
- Includes easy to use multi-camera monitoring utility with Snapshot feature
- a Windows computer with Internet Explorer 6 or higher for browser-based configuration
- a CD or CD/DVD drive and up-to-date Operating System (Windows XP, Vista, Vista 64-bit edition, or Mac OS X 10.4 or higher) for the setup wizard software to run
For Viewing Video
- a Windows computer with included Monitoring Utility
- Any computer with Internet Explorer 6, Safari 3, or Firefox 3 or higher, or a stream-enabled video player (VLC, Quicktime Player, Windows Media Player version 10 or higher, etc.)
- Smartphone with advanced web browser or Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.