- iPad® is unable to connect to a secured network
Your iPad® may not able to connect to a secured network due to the following:
- You entered an incorrect passphrase
- You are accessing the wrong wireless network
- MAC Filtering is enabled
You may try the following troubleshooting tips to help resolve this issue.
Verify your network’s wireless security settings
If you are unable to connect to the wireless network with your iPad®, you may need to verify if you have entered the correct passphrase or network key. Ensure that you have entered the passphrase or network key in the correct case as it is case-sensitive.
If you are unsure about your network’s security passphrase or network key, click here to learn how to view your network’s wireless security settings. If you are using Linksys Connect to confirm your router’s wireless security settings, click here.
You also need to verify if the Wireless MAC Filtering feature is not enabled in your router. To learn how to view and configure the Wireless MAC Filtering feature, click here.
Disable wireless security settings
If you are still unable to connect to the wireless network with your iPad®, you may try to disable the network’s wireless security settings then reconnect your device. To learn how to disable your router’s wireless security feature, click here.
Once you are able to connect your iPad® to the network, you can now reconfigure the wireless security settings.
NOTE: It is highly recommended to use WPA or WPA2-Personal as your security key. Other than providing better security, this will establish a stable connection with your wireless device, especially devices with the latest technology.
Reset your connection to the wireless network
If you are experiencing this issue only with your iPad®, you may need to reset its connection to the wireless network. Try these basic troubleshooting steps on your iPad® to reset its connection to the wireless network:
- Removing a network from the preferred network list on your iPad® - Removing your network from the preferred network list removes all settings associated with the network you are having problems with. This can resolve any network issues you may be experiencing when connecting your iPad® to the wireless network.
- Resetting the network settings of your iPad® - Resetting the network settings on your iPad® removes all the current settings stored on your iPad® which may resolve most of the connectivity issues you may be encountering.
You may try to power OFF your iPad® by pressing and holding the Home button and the Power button at the same time until a red slider appears at the top of the screen that says “Slide to Power Off”.
Once the Slide to Power Off prompt appears, swipe the slider to power OFF the device. Switch it back ON after a few seconds and try to reconnect again.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.