- Getting to know the PLEK500
NOTE: You can use two (2) or more Powerline adapters to set up a Powerline network.
- Power (Green) – lights up when the Powerline adapter is powered ON.
- Ethernet (Green) – lights up when a wired network device is connected to Ethernet (network) port of the Powerline device. The LED flashes to indicate network activity.
- Powerline (Green) – lights up when the adapter is connected to the Powerline network. The LED flashes to indicate network activity.
- HomePlug Simple Connect Button - configures advanced security (the network password) for your Powerline network.
- Reset – Restores your Powerline adapter to factory defaults. To do this, press and hold the Reset button for at least 10 seconds using a pin or a pointed object.
- Ethernet - connects a computer or another networking device.
- Any computer or other device with Ethernet network adapter
- Available AC power outlet
- At least one (1) existing Powerline adapter
- Windows-based or Mac® computer with CD-ROM for utility or WPS-enabled router
Extending your home network with Powerline adapters
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.