- Getting to know the Linksys RE6400 AC1200 Boost EX Wi-Fi Range Extender
Reset button – Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the range extender to factory defaults.
Indicator Light Behaviors
|Power Light||Status / Description|
|Blinking Green / Yellow||
|Solid Green / Yellow||
|Solid Orange / Red||
|Blinking Orange / Red||
|Ethernet Light||Status / Description|
|An ethernet device is connected and active. The light blinks when the extender is sending or receiving data over the ethernet port.|
- Dual-band concurrent (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- IEEE 802.11ac
- Compatible with 802.11 a/b/g/n
- Data Rate of up to 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) and up to 867 Mbps (5 GHz)
- Two External non-detachable antennas
- 2x2 Spatial Streams
- One 10/100/1000 Gigabit ethernet port with auto MDIX sensing
- Browser-based Setup (BBS)
- Spot Finder technology
- Wi-Fi Protected Setup™
- Wireless Security
- Cross-Band technology
- Beamforming technology
- Boost Wi-Fi range up to 7,500 sq. ft.
- Access Point mode
- A Wi-Fi network is required
- Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE6400 in Access Point mode
- AC power outlet
- For browser configuration:
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Safari® 5.1 or higher
- Chrome™ 25.0 or higher
- Firefox® 20 or higher
Click here to know more about the Linksys RE6400.
What is Cross-band Technology (VIDEO)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.