- Overview of the Speed Test feature of the Linksys WRT32X
- Upload speed measures the speed of data transfer from your home network. Sending an email with attachments such as image files or documents and uploading videos or images to a website
- Download speed measures the speed of data coming to your home network. Receiving emails and downloading their attachments and opening a website or document accessed over the internet.
NOTE: An automatic speed test is run after you complete the Setup Wizard or when you first land on the Dashboard page of the router.
It is recommended to perform multiple Speed Tests at different times during the day because the download and upload speed may vary and can be affected by the following factors:
- The number of devices connected to your home network simultaneously
- Activities and online applications which require a lot of bandwidth such as video streaming or Voice over Internet Phone (VoIP)
- The time of day when the test is being run
- Other users on the Internet using the Speed Test Tool
- Other computers in your network that are using the Internet
- Wired versus wireless connections
- Wireless security type being used
Access the Linksys WRT32X web interface. For instructions, click here.
NOTE: The Dashboard displays the last speed test results. The Dashboard auto-runs a speed test every time you access it. To run a current speed test, click Run Speed Test. You can also go to Router Administration to make sure the correct time zone is selected.
On the left side of the screen, click Speed Test.
On the Speed Test screen, click and wait for the results.
Once Speed Test finishes running, you can now determine the Download and Upload speed of your Wi-Fi.
If you need adjust your WAN bandwidth, run the speed test from the Prioritization settings. Go to Device Prioritization and click on the link specified below to view the Fine tune your speed pop up box to either run a new speed test or enter a manual value.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.