- Monitoring traffic logs using the web-based setup page
This article will guide you on how to use the Log option in the web-based setup page of your Linksys router to the monitor traffic between the local network and the Internet.
Access the web-based setup page of your router. To know how, click here.
To access the web-based setup page using Mac computer, click here. If you're using the Linksys Connect software, click here.
Select on the Administration tab then click on the Log sub-tab.
Select Enabled then click on Save Settings to apply the changes.
QUICK TIP: Click Continue when you see the Settings are successful screen.
NOTE: By default, Log is Disabled on the router.
Click on the View Log button to check the traffic between your local network and the Internet.
In the Log type drop-down, you have the following options:
• Incoming Log: This option is useful if you are running a website or FTP server and want to keep track of who came in through the router.
• Outgoing Log: This option keeps track of all the outgoing traffic and is useful for monitoring a specific website a computer went to based on the local IP address.
• Security Log: This option displays login information for the router’s web-based setup page.
• DHCP Client Log: This option displays the local DHCP server status information.
NOTE: After choosing a Log type to monitor your traffic, a table will appear showing the information about the type of log you chose.
QUICK TIP: Click on the Save the Log button at the bottom of the table to save monitored traffic in your computer. You can also refresh and clear the list by clicking on the Refresh and Clear button.
Click on the X button located at the top right corner to close the window.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.