- Using Site Survey on the Linksys RE2000, RE2000 v2 and RE4000W
The Site Survey displays all the available and neighboring access points and wireless routers within range of the extender. Follow the instructions below to know how to use the Site Survey feature.
Access the Linksys range extender’s web-based setup page. For instructions, click here.
Click the Wireless tab.
The Site Survey page will then be displayed.
• Select - clicking the radio button beside the wireless network name (SSID) will enable you to connect to the selected network.
• SSID - displays the name of available wireless networks.
• GHz - indicates the radio band of available wireless networks. This column is only available on the RE2000, RE2000 v2 and RE4000W.
• Signal Strength - displays the relative position of the available networks within range by indicating the power of the wireless signal received.
1 bar = 20%
2 bars = 40%
3 bars = 60%
4 bars = 80%
5 bars =100%
QUICK TIP: If no bar is displayed, the extender is located too far away from the router. For optimum performance, place your extender near the router to keep the signal strength between 60% and 100%..
• Security - displays the security type used by available networks. If a network supports Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS), the WPS icon is also displayed.
Associating the range extender with an access point or router
Under Site Survey, click the radio button that corresponds to your wireless network name (SSID) and then, click Connect.
Enter the Passphrase of your wireless network then click Connect.
NOTE: The type of security information required in this screen should match your access point or router’s wireless security settings.
Wait for the process to be completed.
You should have successfully configured your Linksys range extender with your wireless network now. You can proceed with connecting wireless computers and devices to get Internet access.
QUICK TIP: To know if your range extender is connected to the network, click on Status and then, click on WLAN Statistics.
For RE2000 v2 and RE4000W:
To learn more on how to connect wireless computers to your wireless network, click here.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.