- USB300M Frequently Asked Questions
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. What standards does the USB300M support?
2. What cable type does the USB300M support?
3. What Operating Systems does the USB300M support?
4. Does USB300M support full-duplex and half-duplex mode?
5. Does USB300M support wake up function (Wake on LAN)?
6. Does USB300M support flow control?
7. Can the USB300M be used to connect to a Nintendo Wii?
The Linksys USB300M is a Plug-and-Play compatible device that can be attached directly to the USB port of your computer to give you USB to Ethernet connectivity. Simply connect a Category 5 Ethernet network cable to the Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter’s RJ-45 port, install the included device driver, and you’re networked. The Compact USB 2.0 10/100 Network Adapter is bus-powered, drawing power from the host computer so it requires no external power cord.
The warranty period is dependent on the country of purchase. For more information about your device's warranty, click here.
Link/Act (Blue) – the LED lights up when the adapter has an active connection.
• You may have inserted the wrong Driver CD into your computer’s CD-ROM drive. Check the Driver CD.
• The Driver CD may be defective or files may be missing. Make sure that the Driver CD includes the files USB300M.inf and USB300M.sys.
• You may be directing Windows to the wrong drive. Make sure that you are directing Windows to your CD-ROM drive.
USB300M supports the following standards: IEEE 802.3, IEEE 802.3u, USB 1.0, 1.1, and 2.0
USB300M supports Category 5 Ethernet Network Cable.
USB300M runs on Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Mac OS X®.
Yes. For detailed instructions, click here.
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.