- Getting to know the Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender
For information on how to set up the Linksys RE7000, click on the links below:
Setting up the Linksys RE7000 to Range Extender mode
Setting up your Linksys range extender in Access Point mode
Power / WPS Light – This displays the status of the Linksys RE7000 based on the light's behavior (OFF, blinking, or solid) and color (green or green).
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) button – Use the WPS technology to automatically and securely add wireless devices to your network.
Reset button – Press and hold for 10 seconds to reset the range extender to factory defaults.
Ethernet port – This Gigabit Ethernet port is used to connect wired clients such as computers or media servers when Linksys RE7000 is in Range Extender mode or connect to a router when it is in Access Point mode.
|Power Light||Status / Description|
|Ethernet Light||Status / Description|
|Green||An ethernet device is connected and active. The light blinks when the extender is sending or receiving data over the ethernet port.|
- Eliminate dead zones and boost coverage with MU-MIMO Technology
- Boost Wi-Fi range up to 10,000 sq. ft.
- N300+AC1733 Mbps with dual-band
- Easy setup with Spot Finder
- 4x4 MU-MIMO
- 1x Gigabit Ethernet port
- Beamforming Technology
- Cross-Band Technology
- Push-Button Connect
- Access Point mode
- Existing wireless router or access point
- Ethernet cable if using the Linksys RE7000 in Access Point mode
- A computer or tablet with Wi-Fi capabilities
- For browser configuration:
- Internet Explorer® 8 or higher
- Safari® 5.1 or higher
- Chrome™ 25.0 or higher
- Firefox® 20 or higher
Linksys RE7000 Max-Stream™ AC1900+ Wi-Fi Range Extender Frequently Asked Questions
What is Cross-band Technology (VIDEO)
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.