- Linksys Skills and commands for Alexa
The Linksys Skill for Alexa lets you ask for Wi-Fi information from any Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router or Velop system and also control the Guest network. This article will help you learn the Skills and commands for Alexa.
Before you begin, you must have the following:
- A Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router or Velop system with remote access enabled.
- An active Linksys cloud account. To set up an account, you may click here.
- Alexa app installed in your mobile device and working with your Amazon Echo™, Amazon Tap or Amazon Echo Dot.
- Linksys Skill has been enabled. To know how, click here.
- A working Internet connection.
Checking the Linksys Skills
Launch the app.
Tap on the Home menu.
Tap on Your Skills at the top-right corner of the screen.
Enter “Linksys” in the search field and it will display a description of the Linksys app.
QUICKTIP: If you are having any issues or the commands are not working, you can try to Disable Skill and re-enable it again.
You can ask Alexa for the following information of your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router or Velop system.
NOTE: Whenever you ask Alexa a question, you must use the triggering words “Alexa, ask Linksys…”. An example is, “Alexa, ask Linksys what is my Wi-Fi password?”.
- Get Wi-Fi credentials
- Get Guest Wi-Fi credentials
- Turn ON / OFF Guest Network (also offers to read credentials)
- Enable / Disable Skill
- Help, i.e. “Alexa, ask Linksys what I can do” and Alexa reads off the above Skills
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.