Checking the Linksys Wi-Fi Router’s wireless settings using an Android™ tablet
For ease and convenience, you can check the router’s wireless settings using an Android™ tablet. This article will guide you on how to check the router’s wireless settings using an Android tablet.
IMPORTANT: Ensure that you already know your router’s IP Address before going through these steps. If you don’t know its IP Address yet, click here to learn how. If you have installed the Connect Express application on your Android tablet, click here.
Access the router’s web-based setup page though your Android tablet. To learn how, click here.
Tap the Wireless tab.
You will then be taken to the router’s Wireless Settings page.
NOTE: In this example, the 5 GHz Wireless Settings of the Linksys E4200 is used.
• Network Mode – Lists the wireless standards that your network supports.
• Network Name (SSID) – This is the name of your wireless network.
• Security Mode – Lists the security types that your router supports.
• Passphrase – This is the password of your wireless network. This should be 8-63 characters.
• Channel Width – Radio channel width of your Wireless-N devices.
• Channel – Lists the radio channels that your router supports.
• SSID Broadcast – A feature that lets you choose whether to let other wireless devices detect your network’s wireless name.
QUICK TIP: For Linksys Wi-Fi Routers, the Passphrase and Security Mode can be found in the Wireless Security sub-tab.