This article will give you instructions on how to use and configure the Access Control feature of your range extender.
Access your range extender's web-based setup page. To know how, click here.
Under Wireless click Access Control.
You may now configure the Access Control feature of your range extender.
- Allow - Only devices on the Access Control List will have access to the wireless network.
- Deny - Devices on the Access Control List will not have access to the wireless network.
To allow or prevent a wireless device to connect to the range extender, you can either select a Wireless Client or enter a MAC Address.
- Wireless Client - Displays computers and other devices currently on the wireless network. Select a client from the drop-down list and click Save.
- MAC Address - Manually enter a MAC Address and click Save.
- Displays all the MAC Addresses that you have added.
- Click Edit to edit the MAC Address of the client. The edited MAC Address will show in the MAC Address field. If you want to remove a MAC Address item from the list, click Remove.
Click to apply the changes.
Finding the MAC address of your Linksys RE6250 and RE6350 for Wireless MAC Filtering
Configuring wireless MAC Filter using your Linksys cloud account
Configuring the MAC Filter feature of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router using the local access interface