- Getting to know the Linksys X1000
The Linksys X1000 N300 Wireless Router with ADSL2+ Modem is a high-speed Wireless-N ADSL gateway that can be set up for both Cable and DSL connection.
• It comes with Linksys Connect software for faster set up and easier network management.
• The Guest access feature lets you create a separate wireless network for guests while keeping your local network secured. To learn more, click here. You can also configure this feature through the web-based setup page. To learn how, click here.
• It can be installed as a gateway or as a router only depending on your Internet setup. To learn how to set it up as a gateway, click here. To set it up as a router, click here.
• Single band Wireless-N technology
• 2.4 GHz Radio frequency
• Guest access feature
• Three (3) Fast Ethernet 10/100 ports
• IPv6 support
• Includes Linksys Connect software
NOTE: To learn more about the Linksys X1000, click here.
Ethernet (1, 2 and 3) – lights up when a computer or any device is connected to that port.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – is continuously lit when a Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ connection is successfully established. The LED blinks slowly while the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is setting up a connection, and blinks rapidly in amber if an error occurs. The LED goes OFF when Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ is idle. To learn more about the WPS feature, click here.
NOTE: Press this button to have the Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ search for your WPS-supported wireless devices.
Wireless – lights up when the wireless feature is enabled. It flashes when the gateway is actively sending or receiving data over the network.
WAN – lights up green when the gateway is connected directly to an ADSL line. It lights up blue when the gateway is set up as a router only and is connected to the Internet through a separate modem.
Internet – lights up green when the gateway has Internet connection. It flashes green while the gateway is establishing Internet connection. The LED lights up red when it cannot obtain an IP address.
Power – lights up when the gateway is powered ON. The LED flashes when the gateway goes through its self-diagnostic mode every boot up. When the diagnostic is complete, the LED is continuously lit. It lights up red when an error occurs.
NOTE: When the Power LED on your Linksys gateway is blinking, this means that the firmware is corrupted. To learn how to resolve this, click here.
DSL port – connects to the ADSL line.
Cable port – connects to an Ethernet cable when the gateway is installed as a router only.
Ethernet (1, 2 and 3) – connects the gateway to computers and other Ethernet network devices on your network using an Ethernet cable.
Power – where you connect the power adapter that comes with the router.
Wi-Fi Protected Setup™ (WPS) – press this button to have the WPS feature search for your WPS-supported wireless device.
Reset – allows you to reset the router to its factory defaults. There are two (2) ways to reset the Linksys X1000 to its factory defaults.
• Press and hold the Reset button for approximately five (5) seconds.
• Restore the defaults from the Administration > Factory Defaults page on the gateway’s web-based setup page.
NOTE: For more instructions on how to reset your gateway to factory default, click here.
Power switch – press this switch to power ON/OFF the modem-router.
NOTE: For more details about this product, visit the Linksys Support Site to browse for more troubleshooting articles, downloadable user guides or firmware updates and other support information.
X1000 Frequently Asked Questions
Product comparison among Linksys X-Series Gateways
Setting up your Linksys X-series gateway as a router using the setup wizard
Setting up your Linksys X-series Gateway as a modem-router using the Setup Wizard
Was this support article useful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Please tell us how we can make this article useful.
Additional Support Questions?
LINKSYS LIVE CHAT
Help With Linksys.com
I have a question about a Linksys product or a Linksys Store promotion.
Get help with an issue or learn how to maximise the potential of my Linksys product.