Due to the Coronavirus, a lot of you have started working from home. At Linksys, we understand your home Wi-Fi is critical during this time. Over the recent weeks, we have received a lot of calls and chats on how to optimize your Wi-Fi for your family’s use. A few of us here at Linksys have put our heads together to provide you with some helpful articles below. Feel free to read up on how to improve your home network.
Router security and passwords
The passwords for your Wi-Fi and router protect your home network, personal information, and files from unauthorized access.
- Changing the Linksys Smart WiFi Cloud Account password using the Linksys app
- Changing the Linksys Smart WiFi Cloud Account password via the web UI
- Required password reset due to DNS hack
- Resetting your Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router password
- Router Security and why it is important
- Changing the Wi-Fi settings using the Linksys Smart WiFi Cloud Account
- Checking or changing the basic wireless settings of the Linksys Smart Wi-Fi Router using the local access interface
- How to check and update the router password using your Linksys cloud account
- The different types of passwords on your Linksys router
- Security tips for a work at home setup
Changing Wi-Fi name (SSID)
Personalize your Wi-Fi name with ease while working from home.
- Changing the wireless network's name (SSID) on a Linksys router
- Checking the wireless network name and password
- Changing the wireless settings of your router using the Linksys app
Configure your wired or Wi-Fi connection for the best work from home internet connection.
- Configuring your Wi-Fi settings for video calls
- Optimizing your internet speed while working at home
- Benefits of wired connection for work at home setup
- How to make your Wi-Fi public or private in Windows 10
- Differentiating the 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz frequency bands
Network sharing tips
Share your files, folders and printers to your home network or over the internet with your colleagues at work.
- Common questions about file sharing over a network in Windows 10
- Share your network printer in Windows 10
- Configuring File and Printer Sharing on a Mac computer
VPN configuration tips
Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection secures your network while working from home.
For more information, check Work from home Frequently Asked Questions.